There are 11 days left! Keep up the hard work. After our last weigh in on the 21st I will go back and get the names of the people who turned in their %'s most consistently. Those will be the people in the running for all the dough :)
Jill- 7.86 Brigette-5.94 Alisha- 5.08 Jamie- 4.22 Melissa- 3.99 Dustin- 3.67 Teri- 2.08 Heidi- 1.8 Ashley- 1.57 Chelsea-no change Amy- no change Alicia- no change Holly- no change
We end on the 21st of this month! Good luck ladies. I thought I would try and see how just counting calories and working out would work for the first 30 days and well.... not so much. I didn't loose a darn thing. So I'm kicking it up for the next 30 days. I started South Beach yesterday. No carbs or sugar for 2 weeks. Instead of going to the gym 2 times a week I'll be going 3 plus riding my stationary bike on off days. What are you guys doing???
Holly- no change
Here are all the results for the last two weeks :) Way to go people! There are less than 30 days left. It's time to kick it into gear. Good luck ladies!
Please remember to send me your stats on time. This is a compilation of the last 2 weeks.
Everyone is probably a little tired about talking food. I am an information gatherer so I love to inquire and get insights into how people make things work in their lives. A couple of more things regarding food and then I will move onto other things next week.
1. Planning. It is super hard to change on a whim. Sset yourself up for success by planning for it. Mentally plan your food for the day when you get up so you don't grab a candy bar for lunch because you didn't make time to prepare a good meal. Prepare a list of healthy snacks and put it on the fridge so that you can skim that when you feel hungry. You can even go as far as making snacks bag for the go. If you are a super busy person than portion out your veggies or crackers or whatever into smaller bags so you can quick throw them in your purse as you head out the door.
2. A tool that has helped me is a website called eMeals. It is a menu planner. It is $5 a month and you get a 7-day dinner meal plan. I LOVE this site. I came across the site because I was struggling trying to find dinners to make for my carb-conscious hubby. My thinking when we first got married was 'how can you not have carbs with a meal?' My answer came by way of this website. You can choose a menu-plan that works best for your family. There is low-carb, low-fat, clean eating, gluten free, etc. I didn't use every recipe for the week. I used it like a supplement to my own stuff. The recipes were super easy with minimal ingredients. We have actually found some new favorite things to eat because of it. If you are struggling with what to make for dinner I would check this site out. At one time I had a monthly menu. I am so much more likely to cook at home when I have something down on paper that I can follow.
3. Ask people around you. If there is someone at work or church that is super fit or has lost weight, ask them questions. Find out what has worked for them.
That seems to be the question of the day, everyday, in my house! I loved Alicia's post below... I too am a "MyFitnessPal groupie", and love every gosh darn thing about it. I have lost 25lbs that way, and hope to continue! What I love about counting calories is that I can still have my loved Peanut M&M's. However, I know that just a few of them carry a lot more calories than an apple for example. So counting calories allows me to make better choices knowing that if I chose something on the healthy side, I can have a lot more of it. So in the spirit of making good eating choices, and that nagging "what to eat" question, here are a few of my favorite go-to snacks that make me feel like I am getting someething super wonderful without the calorie guilt:)
1. Any celery lovers out there (I understand it is not for everyone), but if you are a fan then here you go! Grab a couple sticks of celery, slap on some 35 calorie wedge Laughing Cow cheese, sprinkle a little Lowery's Season Salt, wrap in low fat turkey. This is so yummy! This is a staple lunch for me most days!
2. Breakfast is a tricky one for me because my mornings (who am I kidding, my entire day) are CRAZY! But, I know that if I eat a good breakfast I am more inclined to eat better throughout the day. My fav breakfast by far is as simple as it gets. 2 Eggo Whole Grain Waffles with a container of lite yougurt on top! YUM-O! I honestly feel like I am getting something so creamy and bad for me, but it's major good!
3. My beloved Sugarfree Fudgsicles... whatever would I do without you. Grab 2 of those bad boys for only 80 calories. It really is heaven when you are on a diet:)
4. My all time favorite, low calorie, late night snack.....POPCORN! Jolly Time Healthy Pop White Popcorn is my popcorn of choice. LOVE!!! And so darn low in calories, sometimes I really eat the whole bag:)
So there you have it! Diets do not have to be miserable. There are plenty of things to enjoy.